Cancer Wellbeing London Privacy Notice
The ‘Cancer Wellbeing London’ website is owned and operated by North Central and East London Cancer Alliance, RM Partners and SELCA.
Privacy and cookies
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 12th July 2019.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
We will usually keep your information during the time of your involvement with our services, and usually for a period of 3 years afterwards.
What we do with the information we gather
We process information in order to facilitate your experience to attend Health and Wellbeing Events across London. Will not use this information for any other purpose.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer or mobile device. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or mobile device or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Specifically, the following Cookies are in use:
- Google Analytics (3rd party). We use this to see how many visitors we are getting, and how they found us. You can find out more about Google Analytics’ Cookies here: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-analytics
- Social Media Sharing and Integration (3rd party). We use Twitter functionality within this site so that you can share items of interest, or become a fan of our Social Media Profiles. You can find out more about Twitter’s here: https://twitter.com/privacy
- If you log in to this site, WordPress stores a cookie to keep you logged in. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you or object to us processing that information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as above. Alternatively, you can find out more about your rights or complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk.