- This event has passed.
Connecting through cancer
May 3 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
A psychosocial therapy group for people who have completed cancer treatment
- Have you completed your main cancer treatment?
- Do you feel isolated, stuck, and ‘not quite right’ since treatment has finished?
- Would you like to make sense of the impact cancer has on you?
A therapy group for you…
Group therapy can help
- create change through hearing others’ experiences
- make sense of cancer treatment and its effects on the body, identity and relationships
- understand some of the emotions that come with cancer, like fear, sorrow, frustration, anger
- you live well
The group is held by Dr Sue Smith, Consultant Psychologist. She has over 25 years’ experience of working in the NHS, and specialises in supporting people affected by cancer.
Sue will talk with you first to see if the group is right for you.
It is free of charge and is open to anyone who has completed main cancer treatment. It is a closed group for 8 people.
Starting in May this session will take place every Wednesday 4-5.30pm, in person, weekly for 30 weeks.